In this video, you will discover how to change your notification preferences in Canvas.
A notification preference changes how often you receive Canvas updates.
For instance, these updates could be announcements, assignment information, and calendar events. YOu may want to change these settings if you feel you are receiving too many Canvas email updates.
1. On your Canvas homepage, click Account on the left-hand side.
2. Click Notifications.
The Notification preference page will then open.
3. There are four options to choose from for each notification.
- To receive a notification right away, click the checkmark icon.
- To receive a daily notification, click the clock icon.
- To receive a weekly summary notification, click the calendar icon. (You can see that the date and time of your weekly notificiations are posted at the bottom of the Notification page.)
- If you do not want to receive a notification, then simply click the remove icon.
It's recommended to stay notified. Choosing 'Do not send me anything' will mean that you will not be alerted to potentially important regarding your programme or module.
If you do choose not to receive notifications, you will need to regularly check your Canvas inbox for updates. To check your Canvas inbox, click the Inbox icon on the left-hand side.
ACM staff cannot be held responsible for your decision to not be alerted to communications.
You are responsible for keeping up to date with your programme and module information.
Be sure to choose the right notification preference for you; one that allows you to stay up-to-date without being overwhelmed.