Pastoral Development Education
The key focus of this program is to provide our students with support throughout their educational journey for the following key areas:
- Government Contest Strategy - Prevent Education & Promoting British Values
- Substance Misuse Education
- Sex and Relationship Education
- Healthy Lifestyles and Choices
- Equality and Diversity Initiative
- Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Careers Advice
The above topics are delivered through a variety of platforms:
- Pastoral Education Timetabled Presentations / Workshops by internal and external speakers
- Events, Awareness & Wellbeing Days / Weeks
- Topic specific Canvas Modules
- Resources - QR Codes, Web Links, Videos & Posters
- Visible presence of local charities and organisations on campus
Students of Further Education have the topics presented during timetabled lessons, this is as a result of Personal, Social, Health and Economic education (PSHE) becoming 'an important and necessary part of all students' education throughout the country, PSHE education is compulsory in independent educational establishments from 2020.
Students of Higher Education are given the opportunity to attend workshops of the same presentations so as not to interfere with their timetabled lessons.
The Pastoral Development Education forms one part of a structure associated with Universal Services.
ACM Helpful Information Web Links