Council Tax Discount

Proving you are a Student:

To apply for Council Tax exemption or discounts you will need to provide your local council with proof that you are a student in full-time education. You can request a confirmation letter from your Campus Receptionist or our Student Services Team at   You must forward the letter to your local council.

Points to Remember:

  • You should advise the Council of any change of address as soon as possible
  • You should advise our Student Services Team or Campus Receptionist of any change of address so that we can provide a new letter of proof
  • Do not ignore a Council Tax bill - confirm your student status with the Council
  • Council Tax Student Discounts and Exemptions can be Backdated
  • Please apply for your confirmation letter well before your studies end at ACM

NOTE: You will cease to be a student for Council Tax purposes when you have completed your programme / course of study, or if you have withdrawn from it, or are no longer permitted by the educational institution to attend it. It is your responsibility to notify the council if you cease to be a student.