You will automatically be added to your timetable module's on Canvas. However if you cannot see them on your Dashboard, please follow these steps below;
1) Log into Canvas
2) In the Global Navigation menu on the left hand side click 'Courses'.
3) On the pop-out scroll to 'All courses' and click the link. Here you will see all the modules you're enrolled in.
4) You can add modules to your Dashboard by clicking on the star next to the module name. When the star changes to the colour Orange it will be added to your Dashboard.
Note: If you are unable to select the star, check the 'Published' column. If the module is not published please speak to your tutor who will be able to publish the module.
You may also have your Canvas Dashboard set to 'List View' rather than 'Card View'.
- This can make it more difficult to easily access your modules
- To change the view of your Dashboard click the three dots in the top right hand corner of the Dashboard and select 'Card View'.
If you have tried the above steps and still cannot see the module please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Your Name and Learner ID
- Your current pathway
- The name of the module you are missing
The two most common reasons students are not enrolled in the Canvas module are:
1) You may be a late enrolment
If you are ON the timetable for the module, please instruct your tutor to email email@example.com and a member of the team will enrol you.
2) You may not be registered for the module.
If you are NOT ON the timetable for the module, please instruct your tutor to email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will put you on the register, and enrol you in the module.
If you are enrolled to the module on Canvas, but cannot view the course, your module may be unpublished. Please refer to this article for further information.