You normally only get student finance for your first degree, even if you studied a long time ago or if you studied abroad.

The number of years that you can get a tuition fee loan is usually calculated as: length of your course plus 1 year, less the number of years of previous study.

If you are not sure, then you will need to contact Student Finance to confirm how much funding you have remaining, or if you have exhausted your funding.

More information about previous study can be found on the Student Finance website: