Education Guidance

Education Guidance Information
Education Guidance Our Education Guidance Team provides a friendly, confidential and accessible service to assist students with dyslexia and other neurodiv...
Tue, 24 Mar, 2020 at 9:04 AM
How do I apply for the DSA?
You can apply online, via your Student Finance account, or via a paper application. The Education Guidance Department can help you do this. See https://www.g...
Tue, 26 Mar, 2019 at 10:26 AM
Am I eligible for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)?
Yes if you are a British student, studying on a degree course of at least a year, and you have an evidenced disability that affects your ability to study. Di...
Tue, 26 Mar, 2019 at 10:21 AM
How do I contact the Education Guidance Department?
Email or go to the Guildford campus office in the YMCA, which is situated between the ACM Library and the YMCA cafe.
Tue, 3 Dec, 2019 at 3:19 PM
I'm on a Diploma course. What extra support can I get?
If you have an evidenced need and you want extra help with your work, then you may book in for 1:1 tutorials. If you have other support needs then the Educa...
Tue, 26 Mar, 2019 at 10:30 AM
I want my lecturers to know about my support needs, but don't want to approach them directly. What can I do?
Contact the Education Guidance Manager to arrange an appointment at Bring along the evidence of your support need and tell the ...
Tue, 26 Mar, 2019 at 10:33 AM
At school/college I had extra time in exams. How do I get these access arrangements at ACM?
If you had access arrangements at school/college then you should bring the evidence to the Education Guidance Manager who will ensure you have the same acce...
Tue, 26 Mar, 2019 at 10:37 AM
What do I get from the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)?
You may be entitled to extra support or equipment. This includes hardware (eg a PC laptop on payment of £200), assistive technology (eg Dyslexia software), ...
Tue, 3 Dec, 2019 at 3:21 PM